[NSRCA-discussion] Movin' on up !

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Aug 17 04:55:29 AKDT 2007

Tim,

  I think there is some merit to that. Having to qualify to be able to fly in a particular class means there is some sense of accomplishment and recognition that goes along with it. Hmmm....

  Bob R.

twtaylor <twtaylor at ftc-i.net> wrote:
                I’d like to float this idea to the masses.

  Rather than have a point out rule in ANY class why can’t this work?

  Have each Class except Sportsman have a minimum acceptable level of competency?

  What I mean is we’d have to “Qualify” our flying ability to jump to the next class. Rather than just being able to move up at will.
  We’d have to have a panel of (For sake of argument Master class fliers) judge an advance fliers ability to fly the masters schedule and the flier must pass a 65% total raw score averaged across 3 judges 4  flights to step up to the next class. Wouldn’t this be better than just pointing out? Wouldn’t this give the pilot more incentive to do better? Wouldn’t it keep a flier where his skill set placed him? I’ll admit I’ve not thought the whole idea out from beginning to end. Looking at some of the Japanese sites they do something like this.  The flier can be practicing the next class up once he becomes comfortable with his current class.

  Tim