[NSRCA-discussion] Masters sequence

plachance at cox.net plachance at cox.net
Wed Aug 15 19:23:06 AKDT 2007

Hello again all,

I have 2 things this time.  I do not even know what a couple of the manuevers are in the current Masters class.  I guess that says how long I have been away.  Is there a place that shows or describes the manuevers so I know what they all are?

My second is an observation.  It appears there are not many flying Masters in D2.  I have looked at some past results and it seems there are not even 3 people entering Masters at alot of the contests.  What happened to all the Masters flyers in D2?  Did they all leave for personal reasons as I did for the past 10 years or so?

I may apply to move back a class just to have more competition to push me back into flying better.  I don't want to fly against myself or only one other person.  That will not cause my flying to improve striving to beat the others in the class.   After 10 years I am sure I can find a CD to sign off moving back to advance.  I still have not even flown a pattern plane since deciding to return.

I did run the engine on the Patriot tonight but it is not right yet.  I only got one person to give an opinion on the problem with my engine.  It will idle fine for a while and then not idle almost at all.  I will recheck all my fuel lines to make sure that is not the problem too.  It does surge at idle part of the time and part of the time it idles perfect.  The top end seems perfect everytime.  So it is just the idle that not right yet.

Sorry for the long post.  I hope to fly this weekend or early next week.

Paul LaChance
Chesapeake, VA