[NSRCA-discussion] APPARENT GEOMETRY (PARALLAXED VIEW)

Lisa & Larry lld613 at psci.net
Wed Apr 11 15:02:04 AKDT 2007

It was said that the best pilots in the top classes don't seem to have a
problem with the end of box maneuvers.

I'm curious about opinions on this thought....

The thought I have is how much of this is actually related to muscle memory.
Doesn't matter where the plane is if all radii inputs are the same and roll
inputs are the same. Once muscle memory is good, the separation of good and
great pilots is then wind correction which is also muscle memory and
eye/hand coordination.

Now, if you have seen me fly, you would think my straight lines were
corrected to the earth's curvature...Not a whole lot is straight and I have
muscle memory lapses. VBG...

If I'm correct, then the judges need to step up to properly score what they
see.

Larry