[NSRCA-discussion] K-Factor Maneuver description and judging

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Mon Apr 2 12:13:23 AKDT 2007

OK... The K-Factor just arrived.

Looking at page 8, discussion of the Reverse Golf Ball

The example second maneuver I completely disagree about his evaluation, because.. the picture shows the rolls WAY off center of the 45 deg segments.  The first roll ends and the 3/4 loop is immediate.  There is a defined straiht line before the indicated location of the first roll .  The second roll begins with no discernable straight line preceeding, and there is a significant straight afterward.

Assuming the rest of the maneuver is perfect, its got at least 2 points of downgrade...

Essentially, the descussion he wrote does not match the picture presented.

I don't think you can do the maneuver and have the rolls centered on the 45's without them being ABOVE or ON the crossover.

Check the geometry of the maneuver.  In order for the rolls to be below the crossover and centered on the 45, the roll rate would essentially have to be instantaneous, or you have to have no straight line before or after the roll.

If he had used a drawing with exagerated long 45's and the rolls centered on them, THEN it would easily put the rolls well above the crossover with no problem, and no downgrade.