[NSRCA-discussion] OK it's time to stir things up. Where's thebeef?

Del K. Rykert drykert2 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Sep 28 11:23:50 AKDT 2006

Their is always someone raising some argument whenever their are subsidies of one nature, or another, no matter how well intentioned initially. Precision Aerobatics has been slowly declining over the last few years, not be littling all of the heroic efforts of many fine individuals with some excellent approaches to attracting new blood.
        Fortunately some of these have worked to some small degree and we have some small new blood participation. I don't see any panacea solution as the demands and attractions have changed dramatically from what is once was. Their is no going back. Many areas of the country are struggling to find replacement fields. Others have clubs that lose interest in putting on pattern events. It has become much more complex than it used to be to run a pattern contest. That has hurt us to some degree. Part of the price we pay for having a much better/skilled competitor that the occasional participants that used to support this sport with their participation.  We unfortunately can't take away some of the distractions and detractors that the current sport has.
    I think it is great that some have finally come to realize and willing to admit and address that attendance is down and it warrants looking at ways to improve things if pattern is going to stay viable crossed all of the country.

                Del
          nsrca - 473