[NSRCA-discussion] clarification

Wayne Whinkle1024 at msn.com
Mon Sep 25 10:47:26 AKDT 2006

Nope look again

#8 is shown as a 1/2 cuban 8 while #5 is a 1/2 reverse cuban. Look at the start of the figure its the circle. The end is the "T" at the end of the line.

I love the Aresti its so much better than the ribbon drawings! I know I'm tainted by IMAC but its really great that we now have the Pattern stuff in Aresti makes the change back and forth so much easier. Most IMAC guys would not know what a Double Immelmann is from a hole in the wall. But in Aresti he can see it and make it look like the picture. Done deal!

Bravo for the effort to bring AMA Pattern inline with the rest of the aerobatic world. Many have stated it on this list before aerobatics is aerobatics and its good that we can now speak the same language. Once you spend a little time looking at it its easy to read. In fact I think its easier than any of the other forms of drawing that guys have tried. Yes its not to scale but it gets the point across and we already know the radii must match and the rolls are centered on lines. The Aresti is the crib sheet, or the short hand method. Most IMAC pilots now use the Aresti as their call sheet.

Wayne