[NSRCA-discussion] berg 7 channel Rx

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.com
Wed Sep 13 19:16:27 AKDT 2006

Max output torque of a servo is a function of battery supplied voltage, the motor in the servo and the gear ratio.

Changing the signal line frequency will not alter the servo output torque.

Also.. max torque of a servo can sometimes be a GEAR TRAIN limit.  otherwise it would be impossible to strip a sevo gear in flight.  No change to the voltage supplied is going to alter the strength of the gears in the servo.

It may effectively increase the servo resolution and thus sensitivity to being off center, but it will not increase its available torque.

It MAY have the servo circuit apply more power at a smaller deviation from "demanded" position...  But that is an effect of resolution.

So.. it may apply full torque available at half the deviation from demanded position... (may be what you MEANT to say...)

Note that using a dual-inverter "glitch buster" http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/noiserx.htm (especially with Futabe 127 DF RX's) will boost the signal line from the RX output (appx 3.8 v for the Futaba 127 when using 4.8 v NiCd pack) to full RX pack voltage.  This can increase effective resolution. (especially with long servo leads)
The circuit is INTENDED to filter interference from long leads... and it works.  The side effect is almost as good as the intended purpose.

 If you can find the chip to make the circuit... I'm having trouble finding the DIP (.10 inch pin spacing) I got some .05 in pin spacing chips... which are going to be harder than heck to solder into the circuit, but should do the job.