[NSRCA-discussion] Another trimming question

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Wed Oct 25 10:46:32 AKDT 2006

Hello Peter,
Fred and Anthony are onto the basic issue. You will almost certainly have to trade off the "rolling workload" versus damping in turbulence, using CG position. Many flyers trim themselves into borderline tail-heaviness in order to lessen the workload in rolls, but the piper will be paid. I always liked them nose-heavy, myself. I figure predictability is more important.

I don't know the Impact, personally ... does it generally handle turbulence well? Some designs don't.

good luck,
Dean Pappas