[NSRCA-discussion] Heli vs. Aircraft radio question

Daniel J. Hamlett d77hamlett at comcast.net
Wed Oct 18 17:53:29 AKDT 2006

The actual programming in both CAP-CHP are the exact same.  The
difference being that the heli version will boot up to a heli and the
airplane version will boot up to an acro model when starting out to a
new model.  All of the mixes are the same.  Some other differences are
as follows.  The trainer switch is on the right on a heli version, left
on acro.  There is a three position switch on the left of the heli, it
is on the right of the acro.  The heli does NOT have a ratcheting
throttle, the acro does.

Other than those there are little difference between the two.  I am a
avid heli pilot and have flown pattern and have always used a "heli"
radio.  I have done it with the 9C, 9303 and now the 14MZ.  My personal
preference is the heli mainly because the throttle is non ratcheting.

Hope this helps.