[NSRCA-discussion] Masters 2007 Figure "M" question

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 17 11:53:38 AKDT 2006

The aresti is only an example of the maneuver.  The aresti is not the only representation/style which can earn a 10.

For example(s)
- the ratio of the lengths of the hesitations and the rolling portions of a 4 point roll drawn in aresti (we are really talking about the ribbon diagrams) could be measured and the arguement could be made that any 4 point roll which did not match the ratio of the aresti is downgradeable.
- the ratio of height of a corner portion of a square loop could be calculated vs the actual straight line length (again from the aresti/ribbon drawing) and the arguement could be made that any square loop without a matching ratio could be downgraded.

Both arguements would be wrong.  The aresti/ribbon is an example, an illustration, and it should be technically accurate - but it is not the the only way a maneuver can be completed without technical downgrades.

Dave

From: <jivey61 at bellsouth.net>

Bob
I'm with you,not trying to start something. This just needs to be hashed out before we stand in front of the judges. I have done the fig M all different ways also and they are good to watch when done right.The rules were just presented here and there is no mention of roll directions....so how much attention do we give the aresti figures.They defined that both verticals had the same roll directions..didn't say which way.

Jim Ivey