[NSRCA-discussion] AL welding with Durafix!!

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Fri Oct 6 07:20:13 AKDT 2006

What I did... (wasn't on exhausts...)

Carefully clean one part and "tin" (give a light coat in the area to be joined)  it immediately with the Durafix
Carefully clean the other part and "tin"
Then heat and bring the parts together, adding a little more of the durafix rod.

The stuff is EXTREMEY sensitive to any oxidation of the material being joined.
If you clean the material with anything other than a stainless steel brush... you must reclean again with a stainless steel brush.

Cleaning with a brass brush before the stainless.. forget it.  It will never join properly.