[NSRCA-discussion] Avoidance

Jay Marshall lightfoot at sc.rr.com
Wed Oct 4 11:52:28 AKDT 2006

I asked this question of a CD once, and also some judges, and was told that
there was no escaping a downgrade if you took action to avoid a possible
midair. Pilots are also intensely concentrated on their own aircraft and may
not see another until it is too late to make a decision on which way to
jump. This is why I advocate flying slightly intersecting tracks, say 10 -
20 degrees, rather than parallel tracks at contests.