[NSRCA-discussion] Radio repairs

colin chariandy cchariandy at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 5 20:18:44 AKST 2006

My 10 year old 8UAP failed while using my simulator. I think a poor solder joint in the connector to the sim may have caused the problem. There is no left aileron output and the dispaly for the battery voltage is scrambled. I can't find anything else wrong.

  Has anyone seen this kind of failure?

  What's the typical cost of repairs (at Radio South) for this kind of failure?

  Is it worth repairing a 10 year old radio?

  Any advice will be appreciated.

  Colin