[NSRCA-discussion] Two killed by model airplane

Doug Cronkhite seefo at san.rr.com
Sun May 21 12:21:32 AKDT 2006

The main issue with this problem is there was no failsafe set whatsoever, so
instead of the energy rapidly diminishing, this couple got hit with
increasing energy of this biplane diving under power.

FWIW.. I don't setup my failsafe for engine kill. I set it up for ending
idle, as an idle engine produces more drag than a stopped engine, more
quickly reducing energy, and not allowing the airplane to get too far. Yes..
the engine is running, but that spinning prop is the least of your worries
if you get hit with an airplane.

-Doug

  _____