[NSRCA-discussion] weight limits for electrics?

Rex LESHER trexlesh at msn.com
Sat May 13 18:59:50 AKDT 2006

Larry

You are correct.  Electrics are weighed with batteries, 5kg maximum weight.  The Nat's is the only place I've ever heard where the planes are weighed.  Even then, you'd pretty much have to make the finals before the plane is weighed....
I don't believe anyone would feel that you are cheating.  There are plenty of fuel motor planes out there that are weighing around 12lbs. or a little more with fuel.  There's been a lot of discussion about the disparity in the rules of electric vs fuel reguarding weight.
In Canada, all planes are weighed without fuel (batteries).
Welcome to the pattern world, I hope you enjoy it....

Rex Lesher