[NSRCA-discussion] weight limits for electrics?

Larry ledunn at centurytel.net
Sat May 13 18:34:27 AKDT 2006

Hi all,

I am brand new to NSRCA and pattern flying in general. I am planning to attend my first ever event later this month.

I noticed in the rules that the weight limit is 5Kg without fuel.

How does this apply as far as electric powered planes are concerned? Are the batteries considered the fuel?

I am asking because my plane is a Quest 90 G2 converted to electric power and it weighs 4.04 Kg "dry" (no batteries) but it weighs 5.33 Kg fully "fueled" with batteries installed.

I have asked about this on RC Groups and been told not to worry, no one weighs planes except at the NATS.

Has there been any official word on this? I don't want to feel like I'm cheating in a contest or "getting away" with something.

Thanks!

Larry