[NSRCA-discussion] weight limits for electrics?

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat May 13 19:21:32 AKDT 2006

Larry,
 Welcome! In reality, an overweight plane is not an "advantage". You're not
cheating even though the rules say the plane must weigh no more than 5Kg.
You're only making your job harder. It would be in your best interest to try
and lighten it up somehow, but in the meantime don't worry. We don't usually
weigh planes at local contests. If you're flying in Sportsman then you have
nothing at all to worry about. Go to a contest with the plane exactly the
way it is now. When you're there, talk to some guys about weight saving
tips. You will learn a lot. That's what this is all about. You're 11 oz.
overweight. That's pretty severe but I bet you could shave a lot of it off
if you tried. What batteries are you using? I took 6 oz. off of my Focus
(glow powered) with some very easy mods.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

BTW - What contest are you going to later this month?