[NSRCA-discussion] electric interference question

George Miller glmiller3 at cox.net
Sat May 13 18:48:23 AKDT 2006

OK, this isn't exactly a pattern plane, but this group has a lot of expertise so I thought I'd ask here:

I have a Showtime which I've built as an electric with AXI 5320/28 and Jeti Advance Plus Opto 90 amp ESC with a HVBEC for RX power.  The radio is a JR 9303 TX and PCMS receiver.

The problem is that I am getting some RF interference.  Ground range check is OK to 100 feet with antenna down and motor off, but when motor is turned on, the rx locks out (PCM)  until I either walk back a few yards closer, or put up the antenna.  I have gone from ppm to pcm RX, put toroid "RF Filters" on the leads from the ESC and both elevator servo's ( plane designed with elevator servo's mounted in tail with long leads to RX). I have also braided the wires between the motor and the ESC.  My next step is to try a different ESC, but I thought I'd ask here before shelling out a couple of hundred bucks for a new ESC.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

George