[NSRCA-discussion] Programming

Jim Woodward jim.woodward at schroth.com
Fri May 5 03:34:24 AKDT 2006

Hi Georgie,

The 9C is an awesome radio, and I think offers the most capability for the
$$$.  You description below made perfect sense to me as I was reading it, as
the P-Mix values (or % travel) are established by the ATV for the selected
channels.  Thus, if your total ATV is high, and you start flipping DR
switches while holding the input, you should see a proportional change in
the throw of the P-Mix (high rates will show more P-Mix than low rates).
The 9C has "triple" rates, and not really "flight-conditions" like the
9WCII.  Thus, once you turn on a mix, it is available for all three rate
settings - all the time.  If you set up your rates for a high-rate, normal
flight, and snap, then as you flip the switches you'll see corresponding
changes to the amount of mix throw in the model (given the DR rates are
indeed different).

The switch selected for the DR should not affect the values.  However, if
you have two DR's assigned to switch B, then pull one away to switch G,
there might be a remaining ATV change on the switch G from another channel
(maybe I misunderstood your description???).

Zinger:  In order to achieve the triple rates, you must have them assigned
to a 3 position switch.  My favorite is the tall switch C.  Fully up is
normal flight, middle snap, lowest landing/stall turn (high rate AIL, ELV,
RUD).  This is basically 3 flight conditions - except that your Mix values
and ATV's are constantly on for each rate condition. (However, EXP is
adjustable indepentantly for each DR setting).

Hope this helps.

Jim

  _____