[NSRCA-discussion] Changing list behavior.

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Mon Mar 27 14:12:01 AKST 2006

I guess I wasn't clear enough - "Rules proposals are the last thing on my mind".  I'm not part of the NSRCA or AMA rules process in any way whatsoever.

To repeat, the 109 instructions do not say "Do not charge a fully charged pack". The do say it is not recommended. It also says that it will handle an attempt to charge a fully charged pack and shut off the charge after a few minutes. My posts are/were aimed at bringing my event to everyone's attention and preventing further disasters.

The purpose of my notes were not to draw long-Lockhart-'electric-lectures, but to draw out the failure information that I know has not been shared by the sponsored pilots. You are too new to electric-pattern (electric pattern meaning the bigger electric stuff and not sport park-flyers and foamies) to have accumulated their rap-sheet! You, as an enthusiastic electric newbie, have been vocal, but it was not you that I was looking to hear from.

I'm glad that you finally gave up on your unreliable 2-c's. You missed a lot of Nat's opportunities with your K&B, EFI and Webra trials and tribulations. You can have all of the 2-c expertise in the world but if you chose the wrong powerplants you will not succeed. I often wonder what would have happened if you had stayed with the YS's? After all, you won the Masters title with a YS 4-c!

Ask Todd Blose what it was like after he switched to a power plant that did not require hours of his time and care, just to practice, let alone compete :-)

Do me a favor and try and understand the bigger pattern picture that I portray rather than seeing thing as parochial issues all of the time.

Eric.