[NSRCA-discussion] Changing list behavior.

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Mar 27 05:33:25 AKST 2006

Eric,

  Now that you mention that, I have to say that if I hear of someone that has blown a rod, then my first thought is that the engine had a defect. However, if I hear of someone losing a battery, blowing an ESC, or burning up a motor, my first thought is that the user was doing something wrong.

  But, you know what, I think most of the time my first thought is usually (but not always) correct.

  You mentioned that most people are open about their problems with IC engines, and not so open about problems with electrics. I don't know if that is true, but if it is, then perhaps it is due to the public's perception being what it is.

  How many times have you heard "I was doing xxx with my electric, and the yyy fried" and someone else says "Gee, didn't you know you should never do xxx to the yyy!!!".  I would be less open about my experiences if I felt everytime I said something I would be chastised online. But, I think that is the state of electrics in pattern right now, a lot of second guessing. But, hey, that is a normal learning process.

  Bob R.

Grow Pattern <pattern4u at comcast.net> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }              Jim,
         I'm not anti-electric. But if I reported that I had blown a rod on a YS DZ I perceive that I would get a different reaction than if I report a problem with an electric motor or its set-up.