[NSRCA-discussion] rookie judge

Nat Penton natpenton at centurytel.net
Sat Mar 25 17:50:03 AKST 2006

John
I agree the procedure turn is a time and fuel waster. Someone said it was incorporated to prevent hotdogging. I have occasionally flown the procedure turn in knife edge since it is not a violation of the rules. I think a prescribed 180 after TO would be just as effective in eliminating hotdogging.

One advantage of he procedure turn is that it gives a long trim pass. This is seldom needed, however and I think saving judge time is more important.              Nat