[NSRCA-discussion] Heli coils

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 12:33:01 AKST 2006

Jim:
Back when I was building racing engines for Drag Boats and Cars, I bought complete HeliCoil kits.  The kit came with all the necessary specialty stuff, tools etc. and the Major Thing:  A custom tap that was the proper size/thread for the OUTSIDE of the HeliCoil.  This is absolutely essential.  It is then possible to go back to the store and replenish the kit, if necessary, with more HeliCoils.
Bill Glaze