[NSRCA-discussion] Painting

Ken Velez kvelez at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 17:05:07 AKST 2006

  Hi Michael, no need for anything expensive or HVLP for our application. I
will recommend any small touch up gun with a nozzle tip 0.6 -0.8 from Harbor
Freight, Craftsman or any place. The key is that it has to be gravity fed.
The second tip is how you mix the paint. Just like John said PPG is very
easy to apply. Depending on the color to be applied (that's what you need to
figure out) I thin the paint almost double. Base colors like black, blue,
yellow etc... require more than metallic, red (transparent) or pearl colors.
Always start spraying the light (less covering) colors. PPG instructions
recommend 2 parts paint 1 part hardener 1 part reducer, I use 2 parts
reducer. This will give you a nice wet but thin coat and it only requires 10
to 15 PSI to spray, low over spray. This is what I use
http://mactools.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNum=SG65EKA hope it helps.

Ken Velez