[NSRCA-discussion] Painting

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Mar 21 10:17:29 AKST 2006

Michael

  I am by no means an expert, but I have painted a couple of planes with the old K&B paint. I bought a cheap touch-up gun from Northern tools and had very good results with it. How this will work with the PPG I don't know, but I would not hesitate to try it. Just experiment on an old plane first.

  Bob R.

Michael Laggis <fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net> wrote:

All,
Are there any good sources for painting a plane. I have done a very small
bit of painting with a gun. My only other experience painting is spraying 5
house exteriors. I will be using the Flying Colors (PPG Concept Urethane)
from Radio South. I saw at Sears a small touch up gun. Would this type of
gun work for this type of painting. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Michael Laggis