[NSRCA-discussion] Servos

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 09:56:22 AKST 2006

 Dave of the 20 or so guys that fly pattern here in Chicago the majority of flyers use JR servos. About 1/4 fly the 10x and the rest have the WC2 Futaba's XMTR'S but almost all use JR Digital servos. Mike

DaveL322 at comcast.net wrote:    Stu,

  The JR servos will work with the Futaba RX, and you'll find quite a few guys using JR servos with non JR RX/TX.

  My preferred setup -
  Ail - 2x9411sa
  Ele - 1x8417sa (convert metal gears to nylon using 8231 gearset).
  Rud - 1x8411sa
  Thr - 1x3421sa

  You can certainly find stronger servos that are of the same approximate size/weight, but I've run them back to back with the above and on a 2M pattern plane, more servo than the above is just more weight and expense.

  Since the day of the analog 9101, pattern servos now are digital - I wouldn't go with anything that is not digital.

  Regards,

  Dave Lockhart, Team JR
  DaveL322 at comcast.net

From: Stuart Chale <schale at optonline.net>

  Ok a basic question.  Which servos do you like to use on your 2M planes.  I am looking for Futaba or Futaba compatible models.  The last quality servos I bought were 9101's   Technology has advanced since I have been away and the planes have gotten bigger J

  Thanks,
  Stuart C