[NSRCA-discussion] 2C Pipe vs Muffler

Chris Moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 17:15:43 AKST 2006

Jeff I ran a muffler in 2004 on my OS when I was starting back and just
wanted a simple setup.  I ran the Bolly MF590 and it was a very nice and
simple setup.  Last year I went to a pipe -Bolly EQ140R and copied the
setup length etc. that Dave Lockhart used to run when he ran the OS.  I
don't have numbers to compare but the difference is in the air when the
motor unloads.  The pipe would run the APC 15 3/4 -11 or 10 (Lockhart) 3
blade no problem but the muffler didn't have the muscle to pull it in
the summer heat.  I would bet though they probably tached about the same
on the ground.  People are running the pipe a little longer than max
perf to keep the needle setting from getting too critical.  Ideally you
would change pipe setting for temp - humidity etc but who wants to do
that?  We just run a little extra length to have an "all weather"
setup.  You still will have lots of power, just not "peak".

Chris