[NSRCA-discussion] Noise - Overfly - and DifferentAerobatic Model Types

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Mar 3 09:41:54 AKST 2006

I don't feel that the rolling loop involves the same degree of
difficulty as the circle. When you do the circle, and especially
when there is a roll reversal required, the skill required to
preserve arc geometry, altitude, roll rate, and corrective inputs is
greater than the same requirements when incorporated into the loop.
The loop is performed closer and is easier to see and can be
performed also very large making required corrections more
visible.There is also the ability to utilize the gravity assist
which you can employ to slow the up-side and allow to assist some of
your control inputs on the backside.
It is also possible to do the circle much smaller than currently
being done, however, control input requirements become much quicker
and more extreme and it's much easier to get behind which is why you
see them being performed so large,........it's just to slow things
down enough to keep up with the compensation requirements. It
requires a lot of repetitive exercise to train the brain's ability
to accomodate the compensatory acceleration requirement to execute
the smaller geometric form.
Try a few and you'll see what I mean.
Georgie