[NSRCA-discussion] need help on Tuned pipe setup w/Perry pump

Ihncheol Park pnahobbies at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 19 14:47:56 AKDT 2006

I am finally trying to setup my 91SX-H w/ tuned pipe together with Perry's
VP30 pump.

Current setup is Karl's header with a 140 size pipe.  Distance from plug to
first baffle is 22". APC 15x8.

The engine idles fine without much variation on RPM, but going to peak rpm
take for a while.  At WOT rpm keeps on increasing slowly from 9400 rpm.  But
dies out eventually and quit.  I am still confused if the engine is rich or
lean since the pump is involved.  High speed needle is about 2 turns out.
Idle is at 1 O'clock position.

I went out two days and both days the engine died at wrong places, landed on
two feet tall wheat field resulting in belly pan damages.  No landing gear
damage since I still have retracts on this plane.

Can anyone help me on this?  I don't want to spend $300 + for a YS 110 since
this setup has way more power than previously used YS91AC.   Airframe lost
4.5 oz so far with this setup.

Going back to workbench for Oxalys 50 to fly this weekend.

Thanks,

Ihncheol Parkcheol Park