[NSRCA-discussion] Sportsman supplemental rules?

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Jun 19 12:14:51 AKDT 2006

Gray,

  I'm not talking about someone flying that does not know how to land, I'm talking about someone that is not comfortable landing when the weather has gone sour.

  If the decision comes down to participating or not, and drawing new people into the sport, one avenue is more inviting than the other. That is my point.

  Bob R.

Gray E Fowler <gfowler at raytheon.com> wrote:

Wow!  I find it hard to believe that someone would own and fly a plane that they in essence cannot land.  That is a beginners mistake and I see it alot at my club, and we call it  "Too much plane for the pilot". Usually this happens with a persons second airplane of his RC career, not someone at a competition. We all bung a landing now and then ( as if evident for the constant need of replacement chin cowls) , but I have to seriously question that if at a contest a pilot cannot land a plane they brought, should it be allowed?  If it is too much plane for the pilot, the pilot need to step down his plane or learn to land it in PRACTICE, before his thumbs are shakin' at a contest.

I will once again cast another vote to score T/O and Landings knowing the odds are in my favor that "others" will not a second time sneek around the majority to enact personal agendas-but thats a differnet topic......

When flying RC planes of ANY type there are only two required manuevers...T/O and then Landing.

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radome and Composites Engineering
NSRCA-discussion mailing list