[NSRCA-discussion] Sportsman supplemental rules?

Jim Woodward jim.woodward at schroth.com
Mon Jun 19 10:11:42 AKDT 2006

At the 4 IMAC contests I attended this year I saw lots of fliers letting
better pilots take off and land the plane (contest attendance 25+, 30+, 40+,
55+).  I can maybe see a rule like this for the basic class, but all
classes?  Many of the intermediate pilots were letting other pilots take off
and land.  Just to compare, IMAC intermediate is roughly the equivalent of
the pattern Advanced class (maybe harder in terms of stick gymnastics).  If
you think about it, the guys who are doing the extra takeoff and landings
are getting more exposure to the wind conditions before their own contest
round - is that an unfair advantage (just asking)?.  My personal take is
that scoring take offs and landings are for the betterment of everyone.

Jim W.

  _____