[NSRCA-discussion] Off line maneuvers

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Jul 27 10:38:38 AKDT 2006

Instead of making a big S turn, kick the rudder to move in/out as needed. You will be downgraded for the course correction, but if you bank the plane then you also get hit for wings not being level. Also, it is usually better to blow the turnarounds to get your position back and then fly the centered manuever well, since most turnarounds have lower K-factors than the centered maneuvers.

  What planes were they flying back in '85?

  Bob R.

John Konneker <jlkonn at hotmail.com> wrote:
  I am going to fly my first contest since 1985 this weekend!
Yikes!
I am in sensory overload with all the printouts, rules and internet
threads...
Can someone please answer a quick question?
If I find myself either too far in or out between a centered maneuver and
the turnaround, what will it cost me if I have to make a big "S" turn?
Thanks!
JLK