[NSRCA-discussion] Fw: AMA Pattern Nationals on-linereportingservice.

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Fri Jul 21 18:02:07 AKDT 2006

Clay,
         I had a very big problem in getting any score-files to print in the reports. The AMA report is an official report and as such the scores have to be ratified by the Event Director and then supplied to the AMA in a computer-file format before I, or the AMA Nat's news staff, could use them. Basically it was pretty hard to get this info.

I did bi-pass the system as often as I dared and went direct to the two sets of score keepers. There is a limit to how often one should do this to the scoring teams. I know that they had their hands full scoring the event and getting the printed results out to the pilots. I typed the pilots names into the reports but often had to go and look at the scoresheets stapled up at the sites. My wife would write them on a scrap of paper and then type them into the report. I am still waiting wait for some of the on-line spreadsheets.

This MUST be fixed for next year. I too can relate to the need to see and pour through the story that is told by the daily numbers of the pilots.

>From a timing point of view, we rushed to the Model Aviation offices every morning at the end of my flying every day to get these reports done. Most nights it was at least 8 PM before we left. I'm still in trouble because my wife basically missed the banquet. (She took and outfit just for the event!)

One thing that might not be apparent is that the Nat's newsletter is a printed document that goes out on the site every day. To include full scores for all four classes (120 pilots) every day is probably not print-practical. Maybe a link to a secondary URL for scores only would do a better job.

Maybe you should e-mail Lamar if you want something like this done?

Regards,

Eric.