[NSRCA-discussion] FW: [ATR Ltd.] Military humor

Richard Strickland richard.s at allied-callaway.com
Thu Jul 13 13:11:13 AKDT 2006

The last bit reminds me of another story—supposedly true, overheard on ATC
at Frankfurt (as I recall), Germany:  Several years ago a pilot of an
American (US) airline 747 landed, pulled off the active runway and asked for
instructions to the gate since heavies in those days could only use certain
taxiways.  The German controller asked  “Iss this yourr first time to
Frankfurt?”  “No” was the reply.  The controller then asked a little
sarcastically “..Thenn why don’t youu remember where to go?”  The Captain
politely replied, “I’ve only been here once--in another Boeing type
we didn’
t stop—just dropped something off.”

RS