[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel consumption, OS 140.

jzeigenfus at comcast.net jzeigenfus at comcast.net
Mon Jul 10 17:15:45 AKDT 2006

I have found about the same time to fuel ratio that you stated on my new 140RX and I am also using an aeroslave pipe at a slightly longer length. I had the same discussion yesterday at the field that the flight time seems rather short compared to an older 140RX with similar setup and performance.  JEZ

From: colin chariandy <cchariandy at yahoo.ca>

Just getting past the break-in period for an OS140 and find the fuel consumption a bit high...8-9 min on 16oz(in windy conditions). I'm using 15% Cool Power, 15x11x4 APC, Aeroslave pipe at about 28". The high end needle is 11/2 turns out.  My older 140 runs closer to 3/4 turns out and will give 11-12mins on the same set-up(except the pipe was 1" longer) with no noticeable difference in performance.

Is this normal for the newer engines or will the "mileage" improve as I continue to run?

Does the pipe length significantly impact the fuel usage?

Colin.