[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel consumption, OS 140.

Ed Miller edbon85 at charter.net
Mon Jul 10 07:25:24 AKDT 2006

In a 10.5lb EMC2 flying Masters, I seem to get a little more than ounce a minute consumption. I am using the ES 2C140S90 pipe and a APC/DL 3 blade 15.75x11 prop turning between 7600 and 7800 rpm on the ground depending on heat and humidity. The sequence takes between 8 and 9 minutes and I use between 9 and 10 ounces of fuel depending on how windy it is and how often I need to use full throttle. I would say your fuel consumption is a bit high but it may be due to the engine not being fully broken in yet.
Ed M.