[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel consumption, OS 140.

colin chariandy cchariandy at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 10 06:20:58 AKDT 2006

Just getting past the break-in period for an OS140 and find the fuel consumption a bit high...8-9 min on 16oz(in windy conditions). I'm using 15% Cool Power, 15x11x4 APC, Aeroslave pipe at about 28". The high end needle is 11/2 turns out.  My older 140 runs closer to 3/4 turns out and will give 11-12mins on the same set-up(except the pipe was 1" longer) with no noticeable difference in performance.

  Is this normal for the newer engines or will the "mileage" improve as I continue to run?

  Does the pipe length significantly impact the fuel usage?

  Colin.