[NSRCA-discussion] Airplane van

Chad Northeast chad at f3acanada.org
Tue Jan 24 22:19:05 AKST 2006

I just picked up a '06 Toyota Sienna (had a Matrix before that)....great
vehicle.  Since its winter here I have not really tested it out for
hauling but I see no reason why I could not pack 3 people and 4
airplanes + luggage into one :)  Heck I fit 5 2x6x12' , and 2 full
sheets of 1/2 plywood into the inside!

Plus its got some snap so I dont feel too soccer mom-ish, and I have
been getting about 8.1-8.2 l/100km on the highway (thats about 35 mpg
imperial).

I wouldn't touch anything other than Toyota at this point....my Matrix
did 100,000 km (in 2.5 years, two trips to Muncie 8k km round trip!)
with only scheduled maintenance....our Echo Hatch same thing.

The engine in the Sienna is manufactured at the West Virgina plant

http://www.toyota.com/about/operations/manufacturing/manu_location/tmmwv.html

Body parts and probably assembly are done at the plant in Indiana.

http://www.toyota.com/about/operations/manufacturing/manu_location/tmmi.html

Tough to get more American than that eh? :)

Chad