[NSRCA-discussion] Scheduled Contests

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 10:18:58 AKST 2006

We just finished our scheduling meeting at the District 7 meeting at the  AMA
IMS show in Ontario this past weekend.  We may end up with as many as  18 or
19 contests in the District this year if we are able to add the requested
'new' contests and no one cancels.  We have been gradually building up the
number of contests over the past few years and have reached a point where we  don't
have available weekends since we try to keep contests at least 2 weeks
apart.  Our contest season starts in January in Phoenix, February in  Lancaster and
extends into early November with our District Championship contest  at Arvin
(just south of Lancaster), however, we avoid the hottest period during  the
summer due to 100+ degrees and that isn't fun.  Our District covers a  very
large geographic area which is an advantage from the number of contests but  a
disadvantage driving wise if you want to attend the furthest away.

Don Atwood

In a message dated 1/17/2006 10:21:06 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,