[NSRCA-discussion] NiMH follow up

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 20:57:15 AKST 2006

OK, for us non-electical whiz bang guys, please explain the C charge.  I have heard it before and tried what was suggested on RCU without success.

  My new NmHD pack is a 2200mah, 4 cell pack.  To condiditon it properly for first flights what should I do?

  Does 1/10 C mean charge at 220 mah for 16 hrs??

  THanx for the explanation.

  ed

Michael Cohen <precisionaero at comcast.net> wrote:
  Thanks to those who helped me with the advice. The 1/10 C change was the
answer. Both packs are happily at 1610-1690 capacity for their 1650 rating.
I also visited an old friend's website, Electrodynamics in Michigan. They
had an interesting write up on their website about NiCD (with a little NiMH
sprinkled in). I used to buy all my switches, extensions, and battery packs
from them when I lived in the Great White North. Their advice was 1/10 C
also, but they had lots of other good info there as well. I recommend you
take a look, unless your one of those Lithium people.

Mike Cohen