[NSRCA-discussion] Electricity to the on-board radio system

brett terry brett.terry at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 16:05:21 AKST 2006

Eric,

make sure the battery pack is up to the current consumption your servos will
dish out!  If you figure each digital servo can draw more than 3A, that is
18A out of the pack.  This is only momentary, but some of these smaller
packs can be damaged but the high current spikes.  Maybe you want to try a
couple of the packs in parallel?

Also, the Li-Poly packs are very vibration sensitive.  Make sure you
shock-mount them!  And you probably don't want to use the MPI regulators
unless you parallel them so they draw 3A max each, and have plenty of
airflow.

Good luck!  I want to hear how that Cap flies.  It looks very nice.  What
motor are you using?

Brett