[NSRCA-discussion] Incedence meters

Dennis patternpilot at verizon.net
Sat Dec 16 07:43:13 AKST 2006

I also have both meters. I found the AccuPoint, as are most things that rely
on gravity to be virtually worthless. Too much friction at the pivot points.
I also found the Angle Pro to have a loose, sloppy fit on the plastic parts
and as well useless. I guess you could glue it on but then it could not be
used for anything else.  I did not find a problem with the meter having
repeatability problems. I use the smart level as well and have had great
results. I made my own mount using the ends from an old Robart meter and an
old wing tube and socket. The build article was in the K-Factor several
years ago by Rick Allison I believe. If you are going to buy a pre made
incidence meter then I believe you get what you pay for. Spend the money on
the good one.  By the way a smart level module (not sure if they are
available anymore) cost over $100.00. They can be recalibrated and work in
any orientation, even upside down as the display flips over so you can read
it.

Dennis