[NSRCA-discussion] Pattern Poll

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:42:34 AKST 2006

Jason,
I am just getting back in to RC and pattern after over 20 years.
I was lucky enough to win District 5 Sportsman Championship this year!
My answers are as an old pattern guy trying to crawl/claw his way back up
the pattern ladder.
I will try to type my answer next to the question.

>From: "JShulman" <jshulman at cfl.rr.com>
>To: "NSRCA" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
>Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Pattern Poll
>Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:27:51 -0500
>
>Hi All,
>
>I'd like to run a little poll if you don't mind. If you were to go out and
>buy an ARF pattern plane, 120-140 size (all those AC/SC/FZ/L/RX motors
>laying around), not 90-110, not needing a full blown 160-200,...
>
>Would you look for a white base colored scheme or yellow base colored
>scheme?

I'm a red/white/blue kinda guy but yellow could be a nice change of pace.

>Would you look for a solid white, solid yellow or a bare ready-to-cover
>airframe?

Solid

>Clear canopy or fiberglass? No real weight savings between the 2 in this
>case, just appearance.

Fiberglass

>Plug-in wings and stabs, or is wings enough?

wings are enough

>Carbon tubes or aluminum?

either

>Would you buy it if you could NOT mount a nose ring to the cowling?

Yes

>Aluminum gear or carbon?

Carbon

>If the incidence is set correctly, would you care if it did NOT have
>adjusters?

I would want adjusters.

>What kind of hardware would you like to see included, or would you rather
>have none and pick your own?

Pick my own

>Or would you like the choice of an optional hardware kit with all the
>popular stuff?

Pick my own
>Dowel hard points or big solid blocks?

either

>Elevator servo's in the stab, under the canopy or optional?

stab
>3D sized surfaces or pattern sized surfaces... jk, pattern only!

pattern

>And what price range would you pay for a pattern designed plane capable of
>flying all classes?

Price is hard to say...a good value would be the determinant...as long it's
not mega bucks