[NSRCA-discussion] WOW - Brio maiden

Kelly Regan kelly.regan2 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 14 17:43:50 AKST 2006

All I can say is WOW !!!

I flew the Brio today and what a blast!  The first flight was pretty
much uneventful. A couple clicks here and there and the plane flew
great!  The OS 140 has PLENTY of power and started right up!

During the second flight after about 8 minutes the pipe slipped out
of the coupler and I had to land. A little rough, with a bounce but no
damage. The rudder is so sensitive that I over corrected a bit
and the nose dropped down suddenly and I touched down a little
harder then I would like.

The third flight was all joy! I fixed my pipe problem and I could not
believe how nice and smooth this plane made me look!

A few things that jumped out that need trimming...

The balance seems fine at 8" from the leading edge at the root.

It seems to have a bit to much right thrust with the 16.5 x 12 2 blade
prop but I think that can be mixed out for now until I see how it acts
with other props.

In knife edge going right with the canopy facing me it pushes a bit to
the wheels. In knife edge going left with the canopy facing me it
pulls just a little to the canopy.

I will start working my way through the trimming guide next time out.

Thanks again for everyones help!

--

Kelly Regan
www.reganbrothers.com