[NSRCA-discussion] 1 1/2 snap technique

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 10:48:46 AKST 2006

I've seen many discussions on single snaps (pull elevator first, follow with rudder and ailerons, and even some say reduce ailerons and elevator as rotations begins, etc., etc.), but I've never seen any discussion specifically regarding the 1 1/2 snap.

This year's Masters pattern has the 45 degree down 1 1/2 snap. I've gotten pretty good at both the inverted and upright 45 degree single snap but this 1 1/2 snap is a different animal in that the up elevator that initiates the snap will cause the nose to drop after the last 1/2 rotation if it's left in too long. I've not flown it too many times, but the few times I've tried it I played with pulling out the elevator and putting in a little down to try and hold the nose on at 45 degree angle.

I'm curious to hear others thoughts on how to execute this 1 1/2 on the 45 degree downline and keep the 45 degree heading.

Thanks,
Keith Black