[NSRCA-discussion] Yet another prop question for OS users.

DaveL322 at comcast.net DaveL322 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 13:52:47 AKDT 2006

Colin,

In order of lightest load to heaviest load -
15x11x4
18x10 (wide chord at hub, narrow at tip)
15.75x10x3
18x10PN
18.1x10.1

The 3 blade and 18.1 are the quietest props and have the best braking.  The 15x11x4 has the least amount of thrust/vertical.

Regards,

DL

From: colin chariandy <cchariandy at yahoo.ca>

All/OS users

I'm still looking for the best compramise for speed control using the OS140/Aeroslave pipe and an "almost" wide body aircraft like the Temptation. Has anyone tried the new 18.1x10.1? How does it compare to the 18x10, 18x10pn, DL re-pitched 3 blades and the old 4 blades?

I would like to try a new (currently using 15x11x4) approach but would prefer not to buy 3 new props.

Colin.

All new Yahoo! Mail