[NSRCA-discussion] New to pattern flying, entry level pattern plane wanted

Ken Thompson mrandmrst at comcast.net
Fri Aug 25 02:29:41 AKDT 2006

Hi Bryan,

First, welcome back to the addiction and into Pattern.  Nat has a good point, the Showtime would be a great practice plane for Pattern, assuming you tone down the rates a ton, I have 2 so I have a little experiance with the plane.  As a matter of fact, my son will be using either my Excelleron or one of my Showtimes for his first Pattern experience next year.  I can understand your desire for a true Pattern plane, they fly very smooth.  My flying seemed to improve tremendously when I went from flying a sport plane to flying my LA-2, last year.  Of course, it could have been the 10 gallons of fuel I burned in practice;-)

Good luck in your search,

Ken Thompson