[NSRCA-discussion] Wind correction

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 07:33:27 AKDT 2006

Dean, Adam and all,
Thanks for the great replies.
Dean, I am beginning to visualize what you meant by "the plane of the plane
staying square to the plane of the flightline"...I think!
I can see that one attempt to correct the problem only results in another.
To be specific flying Sportsman.  Takeoff direction from left to right.  I
have just completed my 1/2 Reverse Cuban Eight and I am making a ground
track correction on the Straight Flight Back with rudder.  This yaws the
nose into the crosswind blowing in my face.  I am approaching the downwind
end of the box and need to begin my pull-up in to the looping portion of my
Cuban Eight.
If I do nothing else, starting wings level, as I loop over the top the nose
is now pointing more toward me WITH the crosswind.  I can see I am really
beginning to suck dishwater now!  I have a big heading error to correct and
it won't be very pretty.  I am visualizing the problem, and experienced it
over and over yesterday but I haven't visualized the solution.
Like I said...I could have just sat down on the edge of the runway and
cried!
JLK