[NSRCA-discussion] Mintor 1.70 Question

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Thu Aug 3 08:10:38 AKDT 2006

Tim

I am going to guess that it is a pump problem. My reasoning is that if you
have increased the pressure, and the pump is working, when you are at idle
with high pressure, and spin the engine with a starter, no glow attached,
it will flow massive amounts of fuel out of the carb. Also with higher
pressure and a properly functioning pump, you would be required to lean
the idle mixture alot.
Other than the over heating of the pump without an insulator, these
engines have not experienced many pump problems.
Contact Lance, he can help you trouble shoot.  Lots of people treat engine
"A" like they did engine "B" because they think all engines and brands are
the same, which is not true, and then they chalk up failure to "Bad
Engine", because we all know that their experience and knowledge are
without question. How do I know this? Just ask them, they will tell you.

Contact Lance at  patterndude at comcast.net  he will get you fixed up.

Signed,

The "mean half" of AeroSlave

Gray Fowler