[NSRCA-discussion] Mintor 1.70 Question

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Thu Aug 3 06:54:45 AKDT 2006

Gray,

            I do have the pump mod specified by Lance. I did that before running the engine. I'm definitely worried about the damage due to backfire :-( I also have the upgraded con rod. As for being sure the pump is functioning, can you give me a good test for this? I could easily be convinced that it is somehow not putting out the pressure it should, given where I am on the adjustments. As I said in another post, the pump was disassembled and checked by Mike Darr from Michigan, who has run the engine quite a bit, and who helped me track down the original carb issue. We didn't see any problems then, and the engine has very little time on it since then.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tim Pascoe

  _____